Monday, August 18, 2014

My Favorite Jewish Music

ב"ה


I Love Jewish Music!

this lens' photo
I began getting into Jewish Music with the group "Safam". I actually sang solo on one of their songs (with one of the Jewish Community choirs I have sung with) with the parents of their lead singer in the audience. (I suppose I should add that I went to school with the lead singer's younger brother and I knew his parents for most of my life)









Hebrew, Ladino and English Music with a Jewish Theme


My love of Jewish Music started many years ago. I started singing with a local Jewish community choir in the 1990s. When that choir "broke up" (the conductor moved away), I have a bit of a void, and then a new community choir arose from the ashes (and with some of the singers from) that choir. I sang with them for about 5 or so years, until it got to be too much work and not as much fun. But I still love to sing and I still love Jewish Music. I have collected some YouTube videos of some of my favorites -- I chose versions I liked because of the music, not necessarily the video part. I hope you enjoy them too.



Compugraph Designs Jewelry Page


This design is in acrylic on a brass chain with a magnetic closure.  There are more designs on the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment